Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog Post #12 - Family Chores

Filling up our Family Duty Chart was an interesting experience.  There were somethings that surprised me, however others were.  My mom and my stepfather's roles and chores were pretty equal.  Sometimes both of them could be checked for the same chores (planning vacations, buying groceries, etc.) 
I was surprised with how little I actually contribute to my family duty chart.  I thought I helped quite a lot, but upon filling up this chart I noticed that I don't do as much as I thought I did.  After looking at it for a while, I noticed that maybe it was because I was responsible for the house "maintenance" chores (dishes, vacuuming  bathroom cleaning, etc) which have to be done more often than others (like writing holiday cards, planing vacations, or car maintenance.)  
This chart was quite interesting and fun to complete.  I think most people found that, if they were one of the kids (which is my case) they did much less than their parents.  As our podcast said, it was also interesting to look at what types of chores each of us did, and to observe who was in charge of "fun" chores (although I don't think any chores can be considered "fun")  Our podcast also makes an interesting point that in the card, there are many chores that I didn't think of as chores.  

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I can't recall any fun chores either. ^_^ Wasn't it interesting to have it laid out though?

    ReplyDelete